Add Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Printer Software Download – The Canon IJ scan utility MX870 Office All-In-One Printer wirelessly brings professional-quality printing, copying, scanning, and also faxing to your local business or home office. This Pixma awaits networking from within variety of your cordless router or you can network via its wired Ethernet interface. You can enjoy computer-free printing abilities through suitable memory cards, PictBridge, as well as optional Bluetooth, while photos are quickly checked out on a 2.5″ LCD. This printer flaunts 9600 x 2400dpi resolution which integrates with a 5-ink cartridge system that includes a pigment black ink and 4 dye-based shade inks to provide records with crisp, clear text, as well as professional-looking photos with rich shades as well as contrast. Wireless connection is rather straightforward and supports several quick-connection criteria, as well as normal passcode entry, using the numeric pad.
A built-in, completely integrated 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder implies fast copying or scanning of your originals so you can have a tendency to other jobs while the printer is at work. Its built-in Auto Duplex Printing publishes 2-sided papers without needing to manually flip the pages and also can lower your paper consumption by 50%. Integrate both of those and you can immediately copy 2 sided records without needing to turn any paper by hand at all. Additionally, different safety functions like password secured PDF’s allow you really feel risk-free concerning producing and also distributing your most confidential files. which is basic on the Canon PIXMA MX870 is something Canon hasn’t enhanced. Our 20-side, 10-page paper took a mind-numbing 9:46, simply one web page per minute.
This is generally because of the time out needed for ink drying out between sides, yet various other inkjet suppliers take care of duplex printing a whole lot quicker. The five ink cartridges there are pigmented and dye-based blacks– clip into the head service provider, as soon as you have actually lifted the scanner area of the device up onto its sustaining stilt. Each cartridge has a corresponding red LED, to reveal it’s properly seated as well as indicate if it’s short on ink. Software installation is basic and consists of Canon’s very own scan and also copy software. There are outlets at the back for USB as well as Ethernet connection as well as for a fax line and optional handset.
- 1 Canon PIXMA MX870 Software Scanner and Driver Download
- 2 Canon PIXMA MX870 Installation Manual
- 2.1 How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
- 2.2 The printer driver setup window appears.
- 2.3 Troubleshooting
- 2.4 ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- 2.5 Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- 2.6 How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- 2.7 Your printer should now be installed and working.
- 2.8 How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX870
- Windows:19 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1,
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:20 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
|Maximum Resolution||Color: Up to 9600 x 2400dpi|
Black: Up to 600 x 600dpi
|Print Speed||Up to: Color Photo: 4 x 6″ borderless photo: approx. 39 sec|
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||1 picoliter|
|Ink Type||Canon ChromaLife 100+|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||5 individual ink cartridges|
|Ink Cartridges||PGI-220 Pigment black|
CLI-221 Dye-based cyan, magenta yellow, black (1 x each)
|Image Preview Display||2.5″ LCD|
|Front Panel Controls||Yes|
|Power Requirements||110-240VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||19.4 x 17.1 x 8.9″ (49.3 x 43.3 x 22.6cm)|
|Weight||26.1 lb (11.8kg)|
Canon PIXMA MX870 Software Scanner and Driver Download
|PIXMA MX870 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.06||32 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X10.11/10.10 /10.9/10.8/10.7)||220.127.116.11||16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||41 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||18.104.22.168||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.05||20 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series MP Driver (Windows 2000)||1.04||30 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for (OSX 10.4/10.5)||7.26.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series Scanner Driver (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5)||16.1.1a||15 MB||Download|
|Canon ScanGear for (OSX10.4/10.5/10.6)||16.00.0a||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.7.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||3.1.4||34 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||3.15||48 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.4.1||711 KB||Download|
|Solution Menu (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1a||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||3.1.3||34 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||1.4.3||1.7 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows XP x64)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||3.14||46 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|Print and Scan Package for Linux||1.5 – 3.3||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series User Manual (Windows)||1.30||17 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX870 series User Manual (Mac)||1.30||36 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Canon IJ Network Tool (Windows)||1.00||803 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX870 Driver Our only provides original drivers that we have quoted from the official web canon. If you find a link error please notify us via the Contact form.
Canon PIXMA MX870 Installation Manual
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX870
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA MX870 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon MX870 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA MX870 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.